Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. JPMorgan Chase ( JPM) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, JPMorgan Chase rose $1.38 (2.7%) to $51.70 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 38,787,751 shares of JPMorgan Chase exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 17,843,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $50.06-$51.90 after having opened the day at $50.22 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.32. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Atlantic Coast Financial ( ACFC), up 9.6%, Monarch Financial Holdings ( MNRK), up 5.8%, Broadway Financial ( BYFC), up 5.2% and Firstbank Corp Michigan ( FBMI), up 5.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full JPMorgan Chase Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.