Hertz has been recognized for its sustainability achievements and has received Zagat's "Best Green Options", Global Business Travel Association's "Sustainable Innovation Award", Swedish Association of Green Motorists' "Most Environmentally Friendly Car Rental Company", and Fleet News UK's "Environmental Award."Hertz is committed to providing customers the fastest, easiest and most valued rental experience with technological innovations and personalized service, which include:
- Carfirmation: A mobile email/SMS text service – Mobile Gold Alerts -- that confirms a Gold customer's reservation, advises of their car, and its location at the Hertz facility.
- Carfirmation Upgrade: Shows other available cars and upgrades and lets members select the one they want – all on their mobile device in three simple steps.
- Choose Control: Hertz Gold Choice gives the customer the power to keep the car they reserved or simply choose another, something no other car rental brand offers.
- Zap Technology: Hertz's e-Return is the fastest way for customers to return their cars with a receipt emailed to the customer in a flash.
- Acceler-Rental: Hertz is the first car rental company to now offer both airport and neighborhood location customers the ability to rent cars through a live face-to-face video kiosk with Hertz ExpressRent™ kiosks.
- Mobile Apps: As consumers are looking to mobile technologies as a way to take control of their travel experience, from on-the-go bookings to instant upgrades.
- Hertz App: Book, modify and search car rental reservations, find locations, and browse special deals and offers all from the palm of your hand.
- Hertz NeverLost My Explore App: Users can plan their itinerary and navigate popular cities all on their smart phones.
- Hertz 24/7 App: Customers have 24/7 access to a variety of vehicles when and where they need them with the ability to reserve a car or modify an existing reservation and view upcoming and previous reservations.