Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Equity Residential ( EQR) pushed the Real Estate industry lower today making it today's featured Real Estate laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Equity Residential fell $0.89 (-1.6%) to $54.29 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,739,907 shares of Equity Residential exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,903,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $54.22-$55.40 after having opened the day at $55.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $55.18. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that declined today were: Arbor Realty ( ABR), down 5.5%, Amrep Corporation ( AXR), down 4.2%, China Housing & Land Development ( CHLN), down 3.5% and Alto Palermo ( APSA), down 3.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Equity Residential Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.