Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. XL Group ( XL) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, XL Group fell $0.37 (-1.2%) to $30.86 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,124,197 shares of XL Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,791,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $30.84-$31.22 after having opened the day at $31.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.23. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: First Acceptance Corporation ( FAC), down 2.8%, American National Insurance ( ANAT), down 2.1%, Crawford & Company ( CRD.B), down 2.0% and China Life Insurance ( LFC), down 1.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full XL Group Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.