Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Hillshire Brands ( HSH) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Hillshire Brands fell $0.33 (-1.0%) to $31.31 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,051,136 shares of Hillshire Brands exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,106,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $31.30-$31.72 after having opened the day at $31.61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.64. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: AEP Industries ( AEPI), down 5.2%, Natuzzi SPA ( NTZ), down 5.0%, Prestige Brands Holdings ( PBH), down 4.7% and S&W Seed Company ( SANW), down 4.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Hillshire Brands Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.