Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. VMware ( VMW) pushed the Computer Software & Services industry lower today making it today's featured Computer Software & Services laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, VMware fell $2.14 (-2.5%) to $83.19 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,805,949 shares of VMware exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,855,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $82.82-$84.60 after having opened the day at $84.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $85.33. Other companies within the Computer Software & Services industry that declined today were: Sungame ( SGMZ), down 20.6%, Red Hat ( RHT), down 11.7%, Liquid Holdings Group ( LIQD), down 9.7% and Park City Group ( PCYG), down 8.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full VMware Ratings Report.
- Use our computer software & services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.