Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. KB Home ( KBH) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, KB Home rose $0.73 (4.3%) to $17.76 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 12,558,200 shares of KB Home exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,940,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $16.72-$18.47 after having opened the day at $16.89 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.03. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: Sharps Compliance Corporation ( SMED), up 7.7%, Caesarstone Sdot-Yam ( CSTE), up 4.9%, Headwaters ( HW), up 4.5% and Ryland Group ( RYL), up 4.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full KB Home Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.