Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Genworth Financial ( GNW) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Genworth Financial rose $0.28 (2.3%) to $12.25 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,262,115 shares of Genworth Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,496,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $11.97-$12.44 after having opened the day at $11.98 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $11.97. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Eastern Insurance Holdings ( EIHI), up 15.4%, eHealth ( EHTH), up 7.6%, HCI Group ( HCI), up 6.2% and Independence Holding Company ( IHC), up 5.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Genworth Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.