Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Blackstone Group ( BX) pushed the Financial Services industry higher today making it today's featured financial services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Blackstone Group rose $0.57 (2.4%) to $24.69 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,097,311 shares of Blackstone Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,740,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $24.12-$24.86 after having opened the day at $24.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $24.12. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that increased today were: First Marblehead Corporation ( FMD), up 24.5%, Altisource Asset Management Corporation ( AAMC), up 18.4%, GAIN Capital Holdings ( GCAP), up 12.4% and Tiptree Financial ( TIPT), up 3.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Blackstone Group Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.