Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Marathon Petroleum ( MPC) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Marathon Petroleum rose $1.32 (2.1%) to $64.31 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,465,168 shares of Marathon Petroleum exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,192,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $62.51-$64.69 after having opened the day at $63.01 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $62.99. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: L & L Energy ( LLEN), up 46.8%, Tasman Metals ( TAS), up 15.7%, China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), up 14.3% and Ceres ( CERE), up 12.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Marathon Petroleum Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.