Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) announced today that EA SPORTS™ FIFA 14 is available in retail stores now throughout North America, and as a digital download on Origin™. The game releases worldwide later this week. More than 5 million* fans worldwide—the most ever for an EA SPORTS game—have played the FIFA 14 demo and the game has received 32 review scores of 9 out of 10 or higher, including five perfect scores. Official Xbox Magazine (USA) declared FIFA 14 was “bigger, bolder, and better than ever” and gave it an Editor’s Choice Award. Gamesaktuell (Germany) awarded FIFA 14 a 9.2/10 and called it “the Messi of football games – again!” JeuxVideo Magazine (France) scored the game 9.5/10 and called it “one of the greatest football games”. Winner of “Best Sports Game” award at gamescom 2013, FIFA 14 is the pinnacle of innovation on this current generation of consoles and makes it easy for fans to bring their FIFA 14 experiences** to the new generation of consoles: between Xbox 360® and Xbox One®, and between PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4.
- Precision Movement—Now every step counts as players plant, pivot, cut, and shift momentum with the agility and explosiveness of real athletes. Player acceleration and deceleration is more realistic with a game-changing effect on gameplay. Players feel more grounded, agile and athletic, and manage their momentum with distinct foot plants and push-offs, delivering the authentic motion of professional players.
- Pure Shot— Shooting has been transformed. Players have the intelligence to adjust their stride and approach angle to find the best position for hitting the back of the net. Well-hit balls feel satisfying and goals are rewarding. As well as quality strikes, players can now shoot while off balance or rushed.
- Real Ball Physics— Strike the ball with more force and finesse. Realistic ball physics now determines the trajectories of balls in game, enabling players to strike the ball with force from distance, drill low rising shots with accuracy, and blast dipping or swerving shots, just like real players.
- Protect The Ball—Fend-off and block defenders from the ball while dribbling at any speed. Protect the ball from opponents to control play through midfield and dictate the pace of the match. Plus, out-muscle opponents for position before receiving the ball, then turn defenders to carve out opportunities.
- Teammate Intelligence— Better decision-making delivers tighter, smarter marking and improved run tracking. Defenders recognize opportunities to provide support and win back possession. Attacking players have new ways to outsmart their opponents and break down defences by creating space for themselves, running along the backline and checking their pace.
- Sprint Dribble Turns— Utilize quick, explosive cuts and turns to beat defenders one-on-one while sprinting with the ball. Players can move in any direction, preserving their natural momentum and maintaining possession of the ball.
- Variable Dribble Touches— The First Touch Control of dribbling varies a player’s touch when dribbling with pace. Skilled players have the touch and control to stand out while less skilled players will experience fewer perfect touches and more uncertainty dribbling, creating opportunities for defenders to win back possession, and placing emphasis on building play through midfield.
- FIFA Ultimate Team—Create your own unique squad of stars to play your style of soccer. Ultimate customization is possible with all-new Chemistry Styles that make every player and every team unique. Like real-world soccer, chemistry influences a team’s performance so building ideal chemistry within a squad enables a team to perform at its best. Each Chemistry Style has a unique effect on the way a player performs by enhancing different player attributes. Different styles can be applied at every position. Plus, test your talents in the popular Seasons mode—now expanded to 10 divisions— or in online single games and tournaments.
- FIFA Ultimate Team Legends—Craft your ultimate dream team with a mix of legendary players—including Pelé—competing alongside today’s stars only on Xbox. Each Legend will have unique attributes that will showcase the skills and flair that made them legendary at the height of their careers, and may be included in Gold Packs or available through the Transfer Market beginning with the launch of the Xbox One.
- Skill Games–A competitive practice mode to learn or master the fundamental skills necessary to compete at FIFA 14. Become a better player, faster, no matter what your skill level, competing against yourself or friends in all-new mini-games.
- Co-op Seasons Mode–Play with a friend online against two other online friends anywhere in the world in 2v2 ranked online play, trying to climb up to Division One, win a League Title and achieve greatness together.
- Match Day Online–Match Day has been expanded to Seasons and Co-op seasons, completely connecting fans playing online to the soccer season for the world’s top leagues, with player form changing throughout the season based on real-world events and performances.
- Career Mode— Search for talent year-round with the new Global Transfer Network that brings the world of professional scouting to life. Develop and refine your own scouting network. Evaluate players to uncover the attributes of ones who could bolster your squad during the transfer windows. A new hub delivers easy navigation, fewer interruptions and live scouting reports.
**Requires internet connection, access to FIFA 14 on both current and next generation consoles, the use of the same Origin Account and the respective Xbox LIVE and Sony Entertainment Network accounts. Must be 13+ to create an Origin account. EA may retire online features and services after 30 days notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates.***Internet connection and Origin account required. Must be 13+ to create an account. ****Not all features available on all gaming platforms. ^Players who registered and created a security question in FIFA 13 Ultimate Team prior Aug. 1, 2013 ^^Not all leagues, clubs and player available on all platforms ^^^Legends will launch on Xbox 360 and Xbox One Nov. 19 in North America and Nov. 21 in Europe About Electronic Arts Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EA) is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets. EA has more than 300 million registered players and operates in 75 countries. In fiscal year 2013, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $3.8 billion. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, EA is recognized for a portfolio of critically acclaimed, high-quality blockbuster brands such as The Sims™, Madden NFL, FIFA Soccer, Need for Speed™, Battlefield™ and Mass Effect™. More information about EA is available at www.ea.com/news. Origin, EA SPORTS, The Sims, SSX, Need for Speed, Mass Effect and Battlefield are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. and its subsidiaries. John Madden, NFL, NBA, NCAA, NHL, Tiger Woods, PGA TOUR, UFC and FIFA are the property of their respective owners and used with permission. Xbox and Xbox LIVE are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft. “PlayStation” and “PSP” are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. iPad, iPhone and iPod are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Wii and Nintendo DS are trademarks of Nintendo. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.