For further insight into transformation and other treasury topics, conference attendees were given a copy of the report Treasury Insights for Total Connectivity, produced by the BofA Merrill North America GTS team in conjunction with Treasury Management International magazine.“Resilient and battle scarred, today’s treasurers have much to be proud of,” states Dub Newman, head of North America GTS, in the introduction to the report. “They have come through the financial crisis with stronger teams and greater influence than ever before. As companies shift their focus from survival to growth, what systems and strategies can be used to take advantage of the opportunities ahead?” Among the topics featured in the report are:
- How treasurers can add value when integrating acquisitions.
- How Bechtel Group, Inc., implemented a global operating model.
- Optimizing foreign exchange risk management.
- Making the move from paper to electronic payments.
- How the Bank Payment Obligation is used for settlement of international trade transactions.
- How Alliance Lite2 has jump-started corporate interest in using SWIFT for financial transaction connectivity.
- The evolution of lockbox services in light of reduced check volumes and potential postal service cutbacks.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and global markets businesses of Bank of America Corporation. Lending, derivatives, and other commercial banking activities are performed globally by banking affiliates of Bank of America Corporation, including Bank of America, N.A., member FDIC. Securities, strategic advisory, and other investment banking activities are performed globally by investment banking affiliates of Bank of America Corporation (“Investment Banking Affiliates”), including, in the United States, Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated and Merrill Lynch Professional Clearing Corp., all of which are registered broker-dealers and members of FINRA and SIPC, and, in other jurisdictions, by locally registered entities. Investment products offered by Investment Banking Affiliates: Are Not FDIC Insured * May Lose Value * Are Not Bank Guaranteed.Copyright 2013 Bank of America Corporation. All rights reserved. Bank of America, Merrill Lynch, Broadcort and their logos are trademarks of Bank of America Corporation and/or its affiliates. Visit the Bank of America newsroom for more Bank of America news.