Investment ideasThis is largely very good news for German companies. Siemens (SA), one of the most important bellweathers of the German economy, has just finished a management shake-up after Merkel pressed for one. Falling sales there made the prospect of rising taxes or environmental costs all the more frightening. Some analysts are upgrading their outlook for the firm – Finviz lists an average ' buy rating' while Zacks is still listing the stock as a 'hold' (see below). Europe's second largest economy, France, has had an excellent summer as well. The country surprised the world and bolstered European indices by releasing a higher-than-expected Purchasing Managers Index (PMI). PMI looks at a number of "sub-indicators" of economic health like how much businesses are adding to things like staff and inventory. Read more from Kapitall about France: France’s Recovery: Time to Look at Eurozone Stocks? France's PMI is now over 50 for the first time in 19 months – the benchmark a country must pass before it is considered to be in expansion. The upgrade may prompt economists to augment France's GDP projections as well. We compiled a list of French and German stocks with average 'buy' ratings. Are they poised for future growth? Use the interactive charts below to begin your own analysis. &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;p&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;Your browser does not support iframes.&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;/p&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;gt; 1. CGG SA ( CGG): Provides geophysical equipment and geophysical services for the oil and gas exploration and production industry in North America, Central and South Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and the Asia Pacific. Market cap at $4.46B, most recent closing price at $25.09.
2. Deutsche Bank AG ( DB): Provides investment, financial, and related products and services. Market cap at $47.61B, most recent closing price at $47.69.
3. EDAP TMS SA ( EDAP): E ngages in the development, production, marketing, distribution, and maintenance of minimally invasive medical devices for the treatment of urological diseases. Market cap at $50.21M, most recent closing price at $2.52.
5. Siemens AG ( SI): Operates in the industry, energy, and healthcare sectors worldwide. Market cap at $102.57B, most recent closing price at $121.66.
6. Sanofi ( SNY): Engages in the discovery, development, and distribution of therapeutic solutions to improve the lives of everyone. Market cap at $135.35B, most recent closing price at $51.05.
7. Total SA ( TOT): Operates as an integrated oil and gas company worldwide. Market cap at $128.95B, most recent closing price at $56.63.
( List compiled by James Dennin, a Kapitall writer. Analyst ratings and all other financial data sourced from Finviz, except those in the chart, which are sourced from Zacks Investment Research.)