Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified ASML ( ASML) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified ASML as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ASML has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $65.0 million.
- ASML traded 129,800 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:22 AM, representing 19.3% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ASML with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ASML NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ASML: ASML Holding NV engages in designing, manufacturing, marketing, and servicing semiconductor processing equipment used in the fabrication of integrated circuits or chips worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.6%. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate ASML a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for ASML has been 921,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. ASML has a market cap of $42.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are up 48.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates ASML as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 13.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- ASML's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.11 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.29, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, ASML's share price has jumped by 34.97%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, ASML should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 825.72% to $625.08 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ASML HOLDING NV has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.31%.
- 44.73% is the gross profit margin for ASML HOLDING NV which we consider to be strong. Regardless of ASML's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ASML's net profit margin of 18.51% compares favorably to the industry average.
- You can view the full ASML Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.