IXYS Corporation (NASDAQ:IXYS), a leader in power semiconductors, mixed-signal and digital ICs for power conversion and motion control applications, announced today the introduction of the PCX-7401 precision laser diode driver and current source by its IXYS Colorado division. This instrument provides precision pulsed current with accurate microprocessor-based digital power control. The PCX-7401 is an air-cooled, bench-top current source featuring separate pulse and bias current adjustment designed to drive diode lasers, bars and arrays up to 3A with a bias (simmer) current up to 0.5A at 15V maximum forward voltage. Leveraging the proven design of the popular and successful PCX-7420 high power laser diode driver, the PCX-7401 expands IXYS Colorado’s product offerings to enable a new range of lower-current laser diode applications for research, laboratory, scientific and industrial applications. Utilizing one of several communication choices standard with the PCX-7401, users can easily develop automated testing and characterization configurations which can be stored in the instrument’s on-board memory. It may also be operated through its intuitive front panel controls. The color LCD provides immediate visual confirmation of all operating parameters. PCX-7420 Features:
- 0A – 3A Output Current – high current capability with 0 – 0.5A bias and an additional 3.0A of laser pulse current.
- Fast Rise and Fall Times – less than 100nS for high speed applications.
- Pulsed output from 100nS to DC.
- Forward Voltages up to 15V – combining higher current and a 15V capability, the PCX-7401 provides flexibility to test both single diodes and arrays.
- Output Bias (Simmer) Current.
- Diode and Driver Safety – safety features include over current limit, open load detection and diode steering (prevents reverse current).
- Ease of Operation – intuitive touch screen interface.
- Ethernet, USB & RS232 all standard.
- CE and RoHS compliant – the PCX-7401 is compliant with both the CE and RoHS standards.
The PCX-7401 is available directly from IXYS Colorado (Directed Energy) Tel. (970) 493-1901, Fax (970) 232-3025, Email email@example.com, http://www.ixyscolorado.com or through your local authorized IXYS/IXYSRF sales representative.About IXYS IXYS Corporation develops and markets primarily high performance power semiconductor devices that are used in controlling and converting electrical power efficiently in power systems for the telecommunication internet infrastructure, motor drives, medical systems, solar energy, wind energy, electrical generators and transportation. IXYS also serves its markets with a combination of digital and analog integrated circuits, RF power products and power subsystems including application-specific, embedded system-on-chip (SoC) solutions for the industrial and consumer markets. Safe Harbor Statement Any statements contained in this press release that are not statements of historical fact, including the performance, rating, availability, reliability, operation and suitability of products for various applications, may be deemed to be forward-looking statements. There are a number of important factors that could cause the results of IXYS to differ materially from those indicated by these forward-looking statements, including, among others, risks detailed from time to time in the Company's SEC reports, including its Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2013. The Company undertakes no obligation to publicly release the results of any revisions to these forward-looking statements.