- Enterprises Building Private Clouds and Deploying Traditional Scale-Up Workloads
- nTier application and Virtual Private Clouds run with the enterprise-grade security, networking and availability requirements of a traditional datacenter.
- Dedicated Private Cloud Isolation ensures compliance, security, performance and licensing requirements for running the most stringent enterprise workloads in the cloud.
- Enterprise Grade Networking Integration supports the performance, scale and SLA requirements of the most demanding production workloads.
- VMware integrations enable customers to leverage existing VMware investments, configurations and expertise.
- Cisco integrations allow native provisioning and management of Cisco UCS workloads directly from CloudPlatform, while leveraging Nexus 1000v Switches and ASA 1000v Firewalls within CloudPlatform.
- Service Providers Building Clouds for Scale-Out, Cloud-Native Workloads
- Availability regions can be created with multiple workload-specific zones and datacenters for lower latency, increased scalability and geographic availability as well as regulatory compliance.
- Object Storage can be delivered in a region or across multiple zones for increased workload availability, operations efficiency and management simplicity.
- Advanced cloud networking enables cloud operators to create advanced configurations and Network-as-a-Service offerings.
- Industry standard AWS APIs allow customers to leverage existing AWS development efforts in CloudPlatform environments and integrate with third-party ecosystem solutions, such as PaaS or monitoring.
- Ecosystem Integrators Building Custom Extensions
- New third-party plug-in framework lets organizations easily build custom extensions to Citrix CloudPlatform.
- Cloud Services Catalog helps enable the creation of custom services including Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), cloud, 3 rd-party, value-add and IT services that are delivered to users through a simple, self-service catalog.
- Customization SDK tailors user experiences and how cloud services are packaged, delivered and metered.
- BSS/OSS APIs allow customized application and service integration with internal and external business and operations support systems such as CRM, financials and technical support platforms.
- Citrix and Partner Connectors make it easier for IT to transform into a service broker with 3 rd-party connectors from partners such as Appcara, ActiveState, Caringo, Cloudian, Cloudsoft, CumuLogic and others. Citrix connectors include Apache CloudStack 4.2, Citrix CloudPlatform, OpenStack, and self-service desktop, as well as a preview connector for Citrix CloudPortal Services Manager.
- Performance and User Experience Enhancements include an improved user and management experience, increased performance for catalog, account, subscription and billing, an Active Directory import tool, enhanced notifications and logging and RHEL support.
Dor Skuler, Vice President, General Manager of Cloud Business Unit, Platforms Division, ALU International“CloudPlatform is a strategic component of Alcatel-Lucent’s carrier-grade CloudBand NFV Platform, forming the foundation for our cloud orchestration and IaaS layers. Because CloudPlatform can support both traditional and cloud-era workloads, Service Providers using CloudBand are able to differentiate themselves by migrating their network to cloud environments that provide a high degree of reliability, security and performance necessary to meet the most stringent SLAs.” Timothy B. Steele, Vice President, Strategic Alliances & Business Development, CA Technologies “As customers make more use of adaptive multi-cloud resources, the intelligent structure that Citrix CloudPlatform offers will have even more compelling market appeal. We are working closely with Citrix to make sure that our mutual customers can leverage CA Nimsoft Monitor to manage the applications and services they provision with Citrix CloudPlatform on an end-to-end basis. The impact of our ongoing partnership and this specific collaboration is more agile business enablement at lower cost.” Mark Balch, Director, Data Center Solutions, Cisco “Citrix continues to be core to Cisco’s multi-platform cloud strategy. We have experienced strong traction over the past year with customers and partners, for Cisco UCS, Nexus, and Network Services in conjunction with Citrix Cloud Platform to deliver enterprise applications and cloud services. Cisco’s collaboration with Citrix CloudPlatform 4.2 reflects our continued joint commitment to deliver industry leading infrastructure automation and provisioning solutions that allow our customers to deploy and manage applications for the next generation of private and hybrid cloud architectures.” Emil Sayegh, Chief Executive Officer, Codero Hosting “We use Citrix CloudPlatform as the foundation for the Codero off-premise public and private clouds because it gave us fast time-to-market while delivering the flexibility to differentiate our services. We’re excited about CloudPlatform 4.2 because it affords us even more capabilities for enabling complex enterprise workload scenarios such as support for multi-tier enterprise applications.”
Craig McElroy, CTO, Contegix“Our customers and their workload requirements are quite diverse, ranging from small development projects to mission-critical enterprise applications. CloudPlatform gives us flexibility to deliver any workload, cloud-native or traditional applications, from one platform with the freedom to deliver a variety of virtualization and storage options. CloudPortal Business Manager builds upon that, with the self-service portal experience that our customers want. These two new product releases are bringing tremendous new value, both internally and to our customers.” Ed Laczynski, SVP of Cloud Services, Datapipe “At Datapipe, we provide our customers with a flexible cloud platform that enables them to tailor the storage infrastructure to match their workload requirements. Now, with Citrix CloudPlatform 4.2, we can natively provision and manage our Stratosphere High Performance Storage offering, powered by SolidFire. The openness of CloudPlatform is what enables these types of seamless ecosystem integrations that result in premium user experience for our customers.” Noriaki Terakado, General Manager, UX Development Department, Technology Development Division, IDC Frontier “As a long time Citrix cloud user, IDC Frontier congratulates and welcomes the release of CloudPlatform 4.2 and CloudPortal Business Manager 2.1. They will meet the needs of our customers ranging from Web 2.0/internet-oriented companies to conventional enterprises. CloudPlatform 4.2 offers many great features for which we were gladly involved in the development processes, such as the function of Configuring Multiple IP Addresses on a Single NIC. CloudPortal Business Manager is equally important as it gives our customers on-demand, self-service access to all of our cloud services. We are confident that CloudPlatform 4.2 and CloudPortal Business Manager 2.1 will help us to serve more diverse customers and deliver more value.” Akihito Fujii, General Manager, Cloud Services, KDDI “Since 2012, we have been using the latest version of CloudPlatform and providing KDDI Cloud Platform Service. We have steadily grown, not only the number of enterprise customers we support, but also our geographic availability, expanding from Japan into Asia, North America and Europe. CloudPlatform gives our customers the reliability, resource isolation and choice of hypervisor, including VMware and KVM that they demand. CloudPlatform 4.2 will further expand our enterprise customer’s ability to run their traditional workloads on the KDDI cloud with all of the availability, reliability and isolation they have in their datacenters today.”
Patrick Rogers, Vice President, Data Center Platforms, NetApp“Organizations are using hybrid cloud approaches to broker more IT services and accelerate IT agility. Clustered Data ONTAP, helps organizations confidently manage and maintain control of their data, irrespective of data type or cloud location. NetApp is excited to complement Citrix cloud orchestration solutions, including the new versions of Citrix CloudPlatform and Citrix CloudPortal Business Manager, to provide seamless cloud data management and an easier path to ITaaS.” Leo Hart, Custom Cloud Product Manager, NetStandard “CloudPortal Business Manager gave our customers that single pane of glass that they needed for managing their account and services—one self-service place to browse the NetStandard catalog of services, track utilization, manage billing and open support tickets. As we evolve toward giving our customers a full IT-as-a-Service platform, CloudPortal continues to be strategically important, and the new Cloud Services Catalog and Customization SDK will make it possible for us to deliver more services all from a single platform.” Susumu Okuhira, Director, NTT Communications “CloudPlatform 4.2 delivers a number of new key features that are important for the deployment of our public cloud service, Cloudn, which spans Japan and the US. The new regions and advanced cloud networking capabilities means we can support increasingly more complex cloud-era workloads.” Ralf Lindenlaub, Vice President, Cloud Solutions Services, SAP “At SAP we have a range of applications and services that we are running in the cloud, from SAP’s world class Business Suite to the SAP HANA in-memory computing platform. As diverse as these solutions are, CloudPlatform has the unique ability to run them all, despite their fundamentally different architectures. Because of this, SAP and Citrix are able to help our customers make the transition to the cloud regardless of the types of applications they need to run, today or tomorrow.”
- Blog: Future-proof your cloud strategy with Citrix CloudPlatform 4.2!
- Blog: Citrix enables the journey to IT-as-a-Service with CloudPortal Business Manager 2.1
- Video: Future proofing your cloud strategy for any workload
- Video: Transforming your datacenter with cloud
- Video: Enabling the journey to IT-as-a-Service
- White Paper: Future proofing your cloud: Why workloads define cloud strategies
- Basho: Citrix CloudPlatform 4.2 Enables Tighter Riak CS Integration
- Caringo: Transforming Object Storage Into a Cloud Storage Service
- Cloudian: Cloudian Connector for Citrix
- Cloudsoft: AMP Support for Citrix CloudPortal Business Manager
- Inktank: Open Source Gives the Gift of Options: Citrix CloudPlatform and Ceph
- NetApp: Good News About Cloud from Citrix
- Scalr: Why We're Excited about Citrix CloudPlatform 4.2
- SolidFire: Citrix CloudPlatform 4.2: A Giant Leap Forward for Block Storage in CloudStack
- Trend Micro: Deep Security and SecureCloud Ready to Secure Traditional and Cloud-Era Workloads on Citrix CloudPlatform 4.2
- UShareSoft: Two Workloads. One Cloud.
- Citrix CloudPlatform product page
- Citrix CloudPortal Business Manager product page
- Twitter: @Citrix, @CitrixCloud, @CloudStack
- Facebook: Citrix
Citrix®, CloudPlatform™ and CloudPortal™ are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.