Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. CarMax ( KMX) pushed the Specialty Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Specialty Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, CarMax fell $1.18 (-2.3%) to $50.01 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,381,846 shares of CarMax exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,001,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $49.99-$51.40 after having opened the day at $51.21 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.19. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that declined today were: Hastings Entertainment ( HAST), down 4.5%, Books-A-Million ( BAMM), down 3.9%, Finish Line ( FINL), down 3.8% and Netflix ( NFLX), down 3.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full CarMax Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.