Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Berkshire Hathaway ( BRK.B) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Berkshire Hathaway fell $2.26 (-1.9%) to $115.64 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,404,580 shares of Berkshire Hathaway exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,257,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $115.21-$117.10 after having opened the day at $117.06 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $117.90. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: Tower Group ( TWGP), down 5.6%, Unico American Corporation ( UNAM), down 4.8%, Assured Guaranty ( AGO), down 3.1% and Universal Insurance Holdings ( UVE), down 2.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Berkshire Hathaway Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.