Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Biogen Idec ( BIIB) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Biogen Idec fell $5.46 (-2.2%) to $242.67 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,037,159 shares of Biogen Idec exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,200,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $241.52-$248.40 after having opened the day at $248.40 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $248.13. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Abiomed ( ABMD), down 11.7%, Electromed ( ELMD), down 11.4%, Cyclacel Pharmaceuticals ( CYCC), down 10.9% and Baxano Surgical ( BAXS), down 10.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Biogen Idec Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.