Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. BlackBerry ( BBRY) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, BlackBerry rose $0.10 (1.1%) to $8.82 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 108,943,871 shares of BlackBerry exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 26,244,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $8.19-$9.20 after having opened the day at $8.26 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $8.72. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Sungame ( SGMZ), up 57.5%, Pointer Telocation ( PNTR), up 14.0%, Mad Catz Interactive ( MCZ), up 11.2% and Xyratex ( XRTX), up 8.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full BlackBerry Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.