Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Gerdau ( GGB) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Gerdau rose $0.15 (2.0%) to $7.62 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3,642,572 shares of Gerdau exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,667,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $7.50-$7.65 after having opened the day at $7.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $7.47. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Tasman Metals ( TAS), up 16.7%, Kimber Resources ( KBX), up 16.3%, Kimber Resources ( KBXR), up 16.3% and Quest Rare Minerals ( QRM), up 14.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Gerdau Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.