Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Isis Pharmaceuticals ( ISIS) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Isis Pharmaceuticals rose $2.42 (6.7%) to $38.48 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4,111,752 shares of Isis Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,641,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $37.12-$39.83 after having opened the day at $37.27 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.06. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: GW Pharmaceuticals PLC ADR ( GWPH), up 64.3%, Genvec ( GNVC), up 35.4%, ERBA Diagnostics ( ERB), up 33.9% and Omeros Corporation ( OMER), up 28.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Isis Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.