Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. GlaxoSmithKline ( GSK) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, GlaxoSmithKline rose $0.59 (1.2%) to $51.12 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,413,476 shares of GlaxoSmithKline exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,087,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $50.79-$51.14 after having opened the day at $50.89 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.53. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: GW Pharmaceuticals PLC ADR ( GWPH), up 64.3%, Genvec ( GNVC), up 35.4%, Omeros Corporation ( OMER), up 28.2% and Geron Corporation ( GERN), up 28.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full GlaxoSmithKline Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.