Additional Partner Endorsements
- Christopher Egerton-Warburton, GHIF Fund Manager: “GHIF joins the family of innovative financing mechanisms in global health. Although this is the first investment fund dedicated to global health R&D, we hope this will serve as a pilot for future funds of this type in global health and other sectors.”
- Charlotte Petri Gornitzka, Director General, Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida): “Sweden and Sida are excited to be part of this groundbreaking initiative where private capital is put to work for development. It shows the magnitude of results that can be reached when aid, business and philanthropy work hand in hand.”
- Dr. Norbert Kloppenburg, KfW Executive Board member: "Thanks to the Fund, more people will have access to improved health care—while at the same time a financial return will be generated for investors. The projects supported by the fund will improve the health status of many people, especially women and children, and will thus contribute to poverty alleviation."
- Dr. Moncef Slaoui, Chairman Vaccines and R&D, GlaxoSmithKline: “I am convinced the GHIF will be instrumental in helping bring cutting edge innovation and solutions to diseases of the developing world and this is one reason why we are participating. This collaboration demonstrates that with an innovative structure, a fund with a humanitarian focus can appeal to a broader range of investors.”
- Jeffrey A. Chodakewitz, MD, Vice President, Global Clinical Development, Merck: “As the first investment fund dedicated to global health R&D, GHIF has the potential to make a real impact on the health of underserved populations. The Fund’s unique ability to advance science while seeking to provide a reasonable return to investors aligns closely with Merck’s own commitment to discovering innovative solutions to the world’s greatest health challenges in a sustainable way.”
- Caroline Roan, President, The Pfizer Foundation: “We are proud to join an esteemed, diverse group of partners to further global health through this innovative funding source. The GHIF’s investments will expand access to health care, save lives and foster new possibilities for communities of people that grow from improved health. ”
- Jonas Ahlen, Investment Manager, Storebrand: "We are excited to be part of GHIF as it gives our clients exposure to a new and attractive investment class, while at the same time improving the lives of poor people. We are proud to contribute to global health access through this ground breaking transaction, and hope we can inspire other institutional investors to consider this sector."