Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Southern ( SO) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Southern fell $0.52 (-1.2%) to $41.78 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,350,525 shares of Southern exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,317,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $41.71-$42.38 after having opened the day at $42.30 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.30. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Beacon Power ( BCON), down 8.3%, Just Energy Group ( JE), down 4.4%, Energy Company of Parana ( ELP), down 3.8% and FirstEnergy ( FE), down 3.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Southern Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.