Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Verizon Communications ( VZ) pushed the Technology sector lower today making it today's featured Technology laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Verizon Communications fell $0.73 (-1.5%) to $47.78 on average volume. Throughout the day, 14,763,576 shares of Verizon Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11,848,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $47.54-$48.59 after having opened the day at $48.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.51. Other companies within the Technology sector that declined today were: Sungame ( SGMZ), down 42.9%, FAB Universal ( FU), down 17.6%, BlackBerry ( BBRY), down 17.1% and Dynasil Corporation of America ( DYSL), down 14.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Verizon Communications Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.