Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. United Technologies ( UTX) pushed the Industrial Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Industrial Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, United Technologies fell $2.42 (-2.2%) to $109.58 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,603,796 shares of United Technologies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,970,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $109.58-$112.19 after having opened the day at $111.94 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $112.00. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that declined today were: Exide Technologies ( XIDE), down 31.9%, Frontline ( FRO), down 13.9%, Highpower International ( HPJ), down 6.7% and THT Heat Transfer Technology ( THTI), down 6.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full United Technologies Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.