Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Caterpillar ( CAT) pushed the Industrial industry lower today making it today's featured Industrial laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Caterpillar fell $3.00 (-3.4%) to $84.75 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 12,471,795 shares of Caterpillar exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,828,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $84.75-$87.65 after having opened the day at $87.61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $87.75. Other companies within the Industrial industry that declined today were: Exide Technologies ( XIDE), down 31.9%, Highpower International ( HPJ), down 6.7%, THT Heat Transfer Technology ( THTI), down 6.5% and Global Brass & Copper Holdings ( BRSS), down 5.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Caterpillar Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.