Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Actavis ( ACT) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Actavis fell $2.90 (-2.1%) to $135.50 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,334,133 shares of Actavis exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,147,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $135.50-$139.12 after having opened the day at $138.89 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $138.40. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Prosensa Holding N.V ( RNA), down 70.2%, ERBA Diagnostics ( ERB), down 17.9%, Imprimis Pharmaceuticals ( IMMY), down 13.5% and Ohr Pharmaceutical ( OHRP), down 12.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Actavis Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.