Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. State Street ( STT) pushed the Financial Services industry lower today making it today's featured Financial Services laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, State Street fell $0.99 (-1.4%) to $67.64 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,056,212 shares of State Street exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,195,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $67.42-$69.08 after having opened the day at $68.66 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $68.63. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that declined today were: Paulson Capital ( PLCC), down 6.4%, Global X Silver Miners ETF ( SIL), down 6.4%, Cash Store Financial Services ( CSFS), down 6.3% and QIWI PLC ADR ( QIWI), down 5.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full State Street Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.