Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Constellation Brands ( STZ) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Constellation Brands fell $1.44 (-2.5%) to $57.24 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,554,276 shares of Constellation Brands exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,691,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $57.07-$58.73 after having opened the day at $58.52 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $58.68. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: Tofutti Brands ( TOF), down 8.5%, Truett-Hurst ( THST), down 7.0%, Origin Agritech ( SEED), down 6.9% and Titan International ( TWI), down 6.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Constellation Brands Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.