Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Dow Chemical ( DOW) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Dow Chemical fell $0.91 (-2.2%) to $39.70 on average volume. Throughout the day, 9,645,502 shares of Dow Chemical exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,624,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $39.54-$40.66 after having opened the day at $40.61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.61. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Methes Energies International ( MEIL), down 7.7%, Marrone Bio Innovations ( MBII), down 5.1%, Gulf Resources ( GURE), down 4.0% and Braskem ( BAK), down 3.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Dow Chemical Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.