Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. EOG Resources ( EOG) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.3%. By the end of trading, EOG Resources fell $1.86 (-1.1%) to $168.87 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,786,567 shares of EOG Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,611,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $168.53-$171.53 after having opened the day at $170.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $170.73. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Lake Shore Gold ( LSG), down 20.6%, Great Panther Silver ( GPL), down 14.9%, Dawson Geophysical Company ( DWSN), down 13.6% and Tanzanian Royalty Exploration Corporation ( TRX), down 13.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full EOG Resources Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.