Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Motorola Solutions ( MSI) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Motorola Solutions rose $0.70 (1.2%) to $60.39 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 7,278,373 shares of Motorola Solutions exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,966,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $59.88-$60.76 after having opened the day at $59.93 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $59.69. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Glowpoint ( GLOW), up 21.2%, Sierra Wireless ( SWIR), up 18.4%, PT Indosat TBK ( IIT), up 12.5% and Motricity ( MOTR), up 11.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Motorola Solutions Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.