Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. NXP Semiconductor ( NXPI) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, NXP Semiconductor rose $0.50 (1.3%) to $38.08 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4,659,273 shares of NXP Semiconductor exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,220,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $37.77-$38.35 after having opened the day at $37.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.58. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Daqo New Energy ( DQ), up 26.9%, Glowpoint ( GLOW), up 21.2%, Data I/O Corporation ( DAIO), up 18.7% and Sierra Wireless ( SWIR), up 18.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full NXP Semiconductor Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.