Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Molycorp ( MCP) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 3.4%. By the end of trading, Molycorp rose $0.13 (1.9%) to $7.07 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,866,147 shares of Molycorp exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,391,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $6.87-$7.13 after having opened the day at $7.04 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $6.94. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Mines Management ( MGN), up 7.8%, Pacific Booker Minerals ( PBM), up 7.6%, Polymet Mining ( PLM), up 4.9% and United States Antimony Corporation ( UAMY), up 4.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Molycorp Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.