Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. TripAdvisor ( TRIP) pushed the Internet industry higher today making it today's featured internet winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, TripAdvisor rose $0.85 (1.1%) to $75.12 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4,294,105 shares of TripAdvisor exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,690,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $74.25-$79.08 after having opened the day at $74.27 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $74.27. Other companies within the Internet industry that increased today were: Innodata ( INOD), up 4.8%, ChinaNet Online Holdings ( CNET), up 3.8%, Facebook Inc Class A ( FB), up 3.3% and Phoenix New Media ( FENG), up 3.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full TripAdvisor Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.