Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Cigna ( CI) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Cigna rose $0.87 (1.1%) to $78.59 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,176,264 shares of Cigna exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,403,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $77.73-$79.49 after having opened the day at $77.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $77.72. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Retractable Technologies ( RVP), up 71.7%, GW Pharmaceuticals PLC ADR ( GWPH), up 69.3%, Verenium Corporation ( VRNM), up 58.2% and Electromed ( ELMD), up 25.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Cigna Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.