Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Kodiak Oil & Gas ( KOG) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.3%. By the end of trading, Kodiak Oil & Gas rose $0.12 (1.1%) to $11.35 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,255,159 shares of Kodiak Oil & Gas exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,115,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $11.12-$11.37 after having opened the day at $11.26 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $11.23. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: SMF Energy Corporation ( FUEL), up 93.5%, Verenium Corporation ( VRNM), up 58.2%, Andatee China Marine Fuel Services Corporat ( AMCF), up 22.8% and MagneGas Corporation ( MNGA), up 14.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Kodiak Oil & Gas Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.