Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. First Republic Bank (San Francisco CA ( FRC) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, First Republic Bank (San Francisco CA rose $1.03 (2.2%) to $47.03 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,927,151 shares of First Republic Bank (San Francisco CA exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,191,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $46.04-$47.03 after having opened the day at $46.07 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.00. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Credit Suisse ( DSLV), up 16.4%, Bank of the James Financial Group ( BOTJ), up 11.8%, Naugatuck Valley Financial Corporation ( NVSL), up 11.5% and Porter Bancorp ( PBIB), up 10.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full First Republic Bank (San Francisco CA Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.