- PCRX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.9 million.
- PCRX has traded 292,321 shares today.
- PCRX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PCRX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PCRX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PCRX: Pacira Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company, develops, commercializes, and manufactures pharmaceutical products for use in hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers worldwide. It develops pharmaceutical products based on its proprietary DepoFoam drug delivery technology. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Pacira Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Pacira Pharmaceuticals has been 343,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Pacira has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.45 and a short float of 28.5% with 20.50 days to cover. Shares are up 133.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Pacira Pharmaceuticals as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and generally high debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 69.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$8.30 million to -$14.03 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, PACIRA PHARMACEUTICALS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Currently the debt-to-equity ratio of 1.66 is quite high overall and when compared to the industry average, suggesting that the current management of debt levels should be re-evaluated. Despite the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, the company has managed to keep a very strong quick ratio of 6.61, which shows the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- 47.91% is the gross profit margin for PACIRA PHARMACEUTICALS INC which we consider to be strong. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, PCRX's net profit margin of -81.85% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- PACIRA PHARMACEUTICALS INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PACIRA PHARMACEUTICALS INC continued to lose money by earning -$1.73 versus -$2.35 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$1.71 versus -$1.73).
- You can view the full Pacira Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.