- OpenStack Networking – Neutron – Students learn how to use Neutron to provide a virtual Networking-as-a-Service between interface devices and allows the student to utilize an API to build and configure networking infrastructure
- Building Cloudy Apps – Students learn how to build applications that are “cloud aware,” using Python to explore the concept of horizontal scaling, advantages of APIs and the skills needed to benefit a DevOps organization
- Security in the Cloud – Students learn how to develop and apply security safeguards to each virtual layer of an OpenStack environment
- Hadoop on OpenStack – Introduces students to the big data processing platform, Apache Hadoop, its components and deployments in an OpenStack cloud
- New Horizons – The world’s largest independent IT training company, with more than 300 locations in 70 countries.
- Skyline Advanced Technology Services – A leading provider of training, professional services and hardware for all Cisco systems’ products.
- Intelligent Cloud Technologies (ICT) – A cloud IT brand in China implementing the latest cloud-based technologies, performing various R&D and delivering IT technical training.
“Skyline Advanced Technology Services welcomes the opportunity to partner with Rackspace and leverage our rich history as leaders in networking, voice, and data center technologies, to provide the finest training experience available,” said Paul Ohrem, managing director, professional services, for Skyline. “As a Certified Cisco Learning Partner and Collaboration Partner of the Year, we understand the tremendous benefits of working with strategic and progressive companies, and Rackspace is clearly a leader in open Cloud technologies.”“We are very excited about our work with Rackspace for several reasons,” said Dr. David Wang, CEO of ICT. “We believe this relationship will drive OpenStack awareness, education, and adoption throughout the Chinese market, which happens to be one of the fastest growing markets globally. Our online training capability expands our scope and scale from hundreds to thousands of trainees throughout China. We are looking forward to working together in the future.” “LPI recognizes the importance of OpenStack to the rapidly developing Cloud and Big Data technology sector. We are pleased to work with Rackspace to ensure that Linux and Open Source professionals can acquire the right skills to obtain employment in this challenging and growing IT environment,” said Jim Lacey, president and CEO of Linux Professional Institute. About Rackspace Rackspace® (NYSE: RAX) is the open cloud company and founder of OpenStack, the standard open-source operating system for cloud computing. Headquartered in San Antonio, Rackspace delivers its renowned Fanatical Support® to more than 200,000 business customers, from data centers on four continents. Rackspace is a leading provider of hybrid clouds, which enable businesses to run their workloads where they run most effectively — whether on the public cloud, a private cloud, dedicated servers, or a combination of these platforms. Rackspace has been recognized by Bloomberg BusinessWeek as a Top 100 Performing Technology Company, and is featured on Fortune’s list of 100 Best Companies to Work For. For more information, visit www.rackspace.com. Forward-Looking Statements This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of Rackspace Hosting could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including any statements concerning expected development, performance or market acceptance associated with the Rackspace Hybrid Cloud and training and certification programs; anticipated operational and financial benefits from the Rackspace Hybrid Cloud and training and certification programs; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the possibility that expected benefits from the Rackspace Hybrid Cloud and training and certification programs may not materialize because these products and services are not generally accepted in the marketplace, which could occur due to certain factors including (i) a failure to market the products and services cost effectively, differentiate the products and services from competitive products or communicate differentiations effectively, (ii) the reliability, quality or compatibility associated with the products and services, (iii) changes in technology which adversely affect the benefits of the products and services, (iv) slowdowns in the general economy or technology industry that impact consumer spending habits, (v) internal strategy decisions that impact the products and services, and (vi) other risks that are described in Rackspace Hosting’s Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2013, filed with the SEC on August 9, 2013. Except as required by law, Rackspace Hosting assumes no obligation to update these forward-looking statements publicly, or to update the reasons actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these forward-looking statements, even if new information becomes available in the future.