- Take their office extensions anywhere, maximizing productivity and responsiveness to customers and business partners.
- Conduct voice, video, and conference calls over 4G and Wi-Fi. When travelling internationally, users can make and receive calls from their 8x8 U.S. phone number over Wi-Fi to avoid costly roaming charges.
- Display all voice mails in a scrollable list, allowing users to review and delete messages in any order.
- Check the status of co-workers (available, busy/on a call, offline) and send instant messages.
- View and manage incoming and sent faxes
- Record calls on demand, freeing users to focus on the conversation rather than taking notes.
- Park a call and pick it up on another business phone.
- Access PBX features such as call transfer, conference bridging and 4-digit extension dialing from the corporate directory.
- Have outbound calls appear with an office number caller ID to protect employee privacy and track personal and business calls separately.
8x8, Inc. (Nasdaq: EGHT), provider of innovative cloud communications and computing solutions, today announced a new version of its Virtual Office mobile PBX business phone solution for Android smartphones and tablets, featuring added unified communications capabilities including video calling over 4G and Wi-Fi. Available immediately, Virtual Office Mobile 4.0 extends the voice, video and PBX benefits of 8x8’s cloud-based Virtual Office Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) suite to Android devices. Also available for the iPhone and iPad, Virtual Office Mobile provides a single unified communications solution that works across the business world’s most widely used mobile devices, making it ideal for companies with a bring-your-own-device (BYOD) policy. Virtual Office Mobile 4.0 adds visual voicemail, IM/presence and fax management, enabling employees to easily access their messages and co-workers while on the go. With Virtual Office Mobile for Android, users can: