Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified NQ Mobile ( NQ) as a "dead cat bounce" (down big yesterday but up big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified NQ Mobile as such a stock due to the following factors:
- NQ has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $85.8 million.
- NQ has traded 5.6 million shares today.
- NQ is up 3.2% today.
- NQ was down 5.7% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NQ with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NQ NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NQ: NQ Mobile Inc. provides mobile Internet services in the areas of mobile security, privacy, productivity, personalized cloud, and family protection. It operates through two segments, Consumer and Enterprise. NQ has a PE ratio of 57.5. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate NQ Mobile a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for NQ Mobile has been 1.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. NQ Mobile has a market cap of $972.6 million and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. Shares are up 232.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates NQ Mobile as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's earnings per share has not been good. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 107.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its price level of one year ago, NQ is up 151.37% to its most recent closing price of 20.11. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals should not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization.
- The net income has decreased by 8.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $2.08 million to $1.91 million.
- NQ MOBILE INC -ADR's earnings per share declined by 25.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NQ MOBILE INC -ADR reported lower earnings of $0.18 versus $0.22 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.05 versus $0.18).
- You can view the full NQ Mobile Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.