Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Sohu.com ( SOHU) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Sohu.com as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SOHU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $110.9 million.
- SOHU traded 154,753 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:47 AM, representing 10.1% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SOHU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SOHU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SOHU: Sohu.com Inc. provides online media, search, gaming, community, and mobile services in the People's Republic of China. SOHU has a PE ratio of 28.3. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Sohu.com a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Sohu.com has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Sohu.com has a market cap of $2.6 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. The stock has a beta of 2.32 and a short float of 7.1% with 1.03 days to cover. Shares are up 42.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Sohu.com as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's earnings per share has not been good. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 32.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 67.89% to $104.96 million when compared to the same quarter last year.
- SOHU's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.28 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, SOHU has a quick ratio of 1.92, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization.
- SOHU.COM INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SOHU.COM INC reported lower earnings of $2.04 versus $3.93 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.15 versus $2.04).
- You can view the full Sohu.com Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.