Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Total ( TOT) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Total as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TOT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $72.3 million.
- TOT traded 177,350 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:08 AM, representing 13.8% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TOT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TOT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TOT: TOTAL S.A., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a oil and gas company worldwide. The company operates in three segments: Upstream, Refining and Chemicals, and Marketing and Services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.6%. TOT has a PE ratio of 7.2. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Total a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Total has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Total has a market cap of $128.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are up 9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Total as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, attractive valuation levels, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 88.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1,763.99 million to $3,330.46 million.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.45, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Despite the fact that TOT's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.69, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Total Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.