Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Sothebys ( BID) pushed the Specialty Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Specialty Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Sothebys fell $1.58 (-3.2%) to $46.99 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,142,808 shares of Sothebys exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,311,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $46.90-$49.17 after having opened the day at $49.07 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.57. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that declined today were: Sport Chalet ( SPCHB), down 13.4%, Hastings Entertainment ( HAST), down 5.4%, Dover Saddlery ( DOVR), down 4.1% and China Auto Logistics ( CALI), down 3.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Sothebys Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.