Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Marathon Petroleum ( MPC) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Marathon Petroleum fell $0.94 (-1.4%) to $66.95 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,187,846 shares of Marathon Petroleum exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,193,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $66.90-$68.55 after having opened the day at $68.47 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $67.89. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: HyperDynamics Corporation ( HDY), down 11.6%, MagneGas Corporation ( MNGA), down 10.0%, Andatee China Marine Fuel Services Corporat ( AMCF), down 9.9% and New Concept Energy ( GBR), down 9.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Marathon Petroleum Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.