Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Symantec ( SYMC) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Symantec rose $0.30 (1.2%) to $25.38 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4,308,512 shares of Symantec exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,174,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $25.24-$25.58 after having opened the day at $25.24 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $25.08. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Internet Gold Golden Lines ( IGLD), up 25.4%, Liquid Holdings Group ( LIQD), up 17.6%, Video Display Corporation ( VIDE), up 13.2% and FAB Universal ( FU), up 11.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Symantec Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.