Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Nucor ( NUE) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Nucor rose $0.79 (1.6%) to $49.09 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,049,827 shares of Nucor exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,799,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $48.83-$49.17 after having opened the day at $49.01 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.30. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Rare Element Resources ( REE), up 13.2%, Avalon Rare Metals ( AVL), up 12.3%, McEwen Mining ( MUX), up 11.3% and Tasman Metals ( TAS), up 9.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Nucor Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.